Saturday, 8 August 2015

First Week of August aready gone!!!

Been a bitty week sewing wise - knocked up the exhibition postcard on local History for the Museum on the wedding dress factory and handed it in on Tuesday at the Embroiders Guild meeting.

Also loaned Christine lot of old sewing stuff and some work done over the last year at Guild Workshops. It will be interesting to see what gets displayed.

Knocked up 10 bags for WI with appliqued hearts or flowers, but none sold - still if I still do not sell them next month I will have a few Xmas presents sorted!

Did a little embroidery for the travelling books, dark blue perle on a piece of the Onion Skin dyed fabric I did at a friends house, which is already mounted and in the book, and got lots done on Camel no 2, not much more and I will be on the last one.

I have been playing with dyeing fabric with pressed petals - it started with a red Amaryllis, but I have also used a Day Lily in orange that came out with purple tips and deep purple Gladiolas that have come out really strangely in blues and lime greens. It remains to be seen if they fade away - but I have embroidered the first one and still after about 3 months it is OK so I intend to put it in a travelling book.

No comments:

Post a Comment