Tuesday, 29 March 2016


I have been having fun with a bit of blossom, not from a photo, but I think I got some of the colours right. I remember the streets where I grew up, were planted with Almond Trees and as the blossom fell we walked ankle deep in flowers.

I spent ages thinking about how to do the stamens and ended, up making them by dipping perle cotton, no 8, in dilute fabric glue several times, then when dry, mixing orange fabric dye to glue and again dipping to get pollen.

I have also started a new quilt for across the end of our super king size bed, it is an oatmeal colour with a linen weave look base I got in the USA (although it is from Japan!) I've bondawebbed hand cut leaves, now half way through blanket stitching them, then I will back and bind it with the lighter blue/grey batik, the colours perfectly match our bedroom curtains, hopefully it will take away the stark white of so much white duvet cover!

Monday, 14 March 2016

Lots of embroidery

I've been enjoying doing a bit more embroidery lately, finished the needle painted Squirrel, which I am pleased with.

The project before that was a pattern taken from an Inspirations Magazine, but using stranded cotton instead of the recommended threads and doing my own thing with some stitches and colours.

Today I finished a stumpwork Blossom, had fun making the stamens using watered down fabric glue to stiffen white threads and added orange dye to the glue to dip the ends to create pollen. I will ung it in a box frame soon.

Recently finished another 4 triangles, smaller this time for our embroiders guild joint project which will go first to Melton Mowbray Carnegie Hall Exhibition, I also entered an individual piece, that I have on my Home page.