Tuesday 29 December 2015

Christmas

Finally having a break from all the festivities, and realised that although I made lots of presents, I did not take many photo's before wrapping them up! I did a hardanger piece for my daughters future mum-in-law, plus 2 hardanger xmas decs, 3 heart shaped woven ribbon hanging lavender bags, a embroidered Christmas tree picture, some bunting, 2 Alice in wonderland tree decs, a pom-pom wreath, several appliquéd cotton shopping bags, and a dressed rabbit, made of felt (kit from http://www.coolcrafting.co.uk/ called Luna Lapin) complete with dress and coat, which was all top stitched with tiny button and button holes!!!!
This was taken before I made the coat.




I probably made a few more things too - sort of lost count!!! Still now I can settle down and get on with a few more projects.

I have a child's quilt to quilt, for the Linus project (http://projectlinusuk.org.uk/) a member of my little quilting group started it, for a grandchild, but gave me a load of blocks and fabric and said she hated it and could not work on it any more! So I trimmed the blocks and put it together with some sashing,

 made up the binding and hoped she would want to finish it. She didn't and thought Linus would be a good idea - I might even use it to practice a bit of free motion!!!

My current project is some embroidery for a joint Embroiderers Guild competition, just finished them.



 I have enjoyed the small bits of hardanger I've done lately, these are 2 recent embroideries.



No comments:

Post a Comment